The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as state and local government, offers a number of educational assistance programs for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents. Based on the time and length of service, as well as current status, veterans can be eligible for one or more of these programs. Many benefits are available to advance the education and skills of veterans and service members. Spouses and family members may also be eligible for education and training assistance. Please visit this website to apply for education benefits.
To qualify for deferred tuition payments, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 (please note the DD-214 is not required for dependents) to the Columbia Office of Military & Veterans Affairs (OMVA).
- In person to 202 Kent Hall
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 212-854-2818
For assistance with utilizing your benefits as well as understanding the timeline of payments please contact a School Certifying Official at 212-854-3161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to the status of the VA application or entitlement eligibility, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.
Additional resources and veterans news can be found on this website.
Veterans Benefits and Transition Act
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent nor delay the student's enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.
Further information can be found on this website.